Monday, February 27, 2012

Netherlands pancake (pannenkoeken)


Way back on my childhood days this was one of my favorite snacks. During school recess I remember to be on the qui of buying this delicious snack. The only difference is the Dutch pancake has more taste than from my childhood country pancakes. Anyway the common thing from them is the way you have to cook it.

Needed:

A Pinch of salt

1 cup wheat flour

1 cup fresh milk

2 eggs

Butter

A drop of vanilla (optional)

Cinnamon (optional)

Toppings:

Caramel syrup

Powder sugar



How To:

Bate the eggs until floppy and then add the flour, milk, salt, after mixing all the ingredients you may now start to reheat the pan into a low fire and grease it with a small amount of butter just to prevent any sticking add the small amount of the finish product into pan the pancake should be cook in a very thin size the same as what you can see in the picture. Anyway just do your best and you can make it.

Ps: As what I saw from the Dutch people they also make some fruits as toppings and it also good with bacon or cheese.

So I hope I give you enough info.

Until then!








No comments:

Post a Comment